Traveling is an interesting journey, and just the thought of what you might have done while traveling makes your stomach do flips. From backpacking in Vietnam to running away from a bagel thief, you might have some great stories that are worth sharing. Let’s take a look at 12 weird things I’ve done while traveling!
12 Weird Things I’ve Done While Traveling
There are just some things that happen when you’re on the go that you never would have thought of doing when at home. Here are 12 of the weirdest things that I’ve done while traveling:
1. Taken a nap in an airport security line
2. Passed out in a public square during a festival
3. Had my photo taken with a pet llama in a small town in Peru
4. Eaten paella for breakfast at an open-air market in Spain
5. Spent the night at a park in Bangkok after being lost for hours trying to find my way back to the hotel
6. Had dinner at an Italian restaurant with a group of people who were eating live octopus
7. Climbed up and down stairs all day at a theme park in China because I got lost
8. Tried to drink from the fountain at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower while it was raining outside
9. Purchased tickets for an amusement park ride just to see what would happen
10. Sang karaoke all night long at an underground bar in Japan
Pros and Cons of Traveling
There are many pros and cons of traveling. Some people love the freedom it gives them, while others find it stressful. Here are some of the pros and cons of traveling:
-The opportunity to experience new cultures and learn about different people and their lives.
-The chance to see beautiful scenery that you would never be able to see in your own hometown.
-The ability to meet new friends from all over the world.
-The sense of being a part of a global community.
-Being able to work on your own schedule, without having to worry about the traditional obligations that come with living in one place.
-The expenses associated with traveling can be expensive.
-It can be difficult to find affordable accommodation when you’re travelling.
-Some people find it difficult to adjust to a new environment after traveling for a long time.
-Some people find it difficult to disconnect from their normal routines when they’re travelling.
Advice for New Travelers
If you’re new to travel, here are a few tips to help make your experience as smooth and fun as possible:
1. Get organized – Make a plan before you leave and be sure to stick to it. This will help reduce stress and make everything go more smoothly.
2. Respect local customs – It’s important to respect the customs of the country you’re visiting. You may not know what specific things to do, but most likely there are some things that are off limits. Just be polite and watch out for potential trouble spots!
3. Make friends with locals – The people you meet during your travels are going to be some of the most memorable parts of your trip. Get to know them and enjoy their company!
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help – If there’s something you don’t understand or can’t do on your own, ask a local for help. They’ll be more than happy to help you out!
5. Don’t expect perfect weather – All you can do is plan for the weather you’re likely to encounter, and hope for the best.
6. Bring a camera/phone/camera – If you have anything like a smartphone, take it along so that you can snap some photos of your trip!
7. Know how to say hello in the local language – This will help you get acquainted with locals during your travels!
8. Be careful with alcohol and narcotics – Alcohol is okay at most times, but be aware that possession of narcotics or illegal substances can result in jail time or deportation from the country where they’re found.
9. Make sure to familiarize yourself with pre-existing health conditions before traveling overseas—you may not want to bring any prescription medications with you if they’re not permitted by your destination country’s laws.
10. Consult with a travel agent – It’s always good to have someone to call in case anything unforeseen should happen, such as a problem with your passport, money being stolen, or injury during the journey.
So these were just 10 tips which I hope will help make your travels more meaningful and safe! Remember, it’s okay to take precautions while traveling overseas—but don’t be afraid to have fun!
There is something strangely alluring about travel — the idea of being able to experience new cultures and lifestyles without having to worry about anything else. That being said, there are definitely a few weird things that have happened to me while traveling. It’s always fun to share those stories with friends and family, so be sure to leave a comment below if you’ve ever done or experienced something strange while on your travels!